The Magical 3's and 4's
So full of life! That's how we describe the amazing 3- and 4-year old children at our center. They are energetic, creative, and they learn something new every day! We love interacting with them!
They are also inquisitive and curious, so they need constant supervision to make sure they stay safe. As they develop socially, they need guidance to understand that every person is valuable and that they are cared for and loved. We love teaching and caring for our 3's and 4's and providing the individual attention each one needs and deserves.
- Our highly-qualified teachers are licensed and continue to receive 30 hours of ongoing training each year.
- Teachers are trained and certified by the Texas School Readiness Program.
- All staff members are trained and certified in CPR.
- All staff members must pass a background check, including fingerprinting through three government databases.
- Most importantly, all staff members must demonstrate a pattern of living and caring for children that aligns with our mission.
Nurturing and Care
- Nutritious meals and snacks: breakfast 8:30 - 9:00, lunch 11:45 - 12:30, afternoon snack 3:15 - 3:45
- Safety procedures: Detailed Emergency Preparedness Plan, booboo reports (accidents happen), monthly weather, fire, and safety drills along with seasonal safety and health visitors
- Lots of hugs and encouragement
- We meet or exceed all requirements and standards.
- We are a Texas Rising Star Texas Certified Quality Child Care Provider.
- Indoor and outdoor play, including an outdoor garden
- Holiday parties
- Special dress and play days
- Special visitors
- Seasonal field trips (such as the Pumpkin Patch)
- Wide variety of art projects
- Letter sight and sound recognition, syllables, and phonics
- Daily practice on writing and spelling name
- Language development through books, stories, reading, and interaction with teachers and friends
- Math concepts including number recognition and writing, patterns, sequencing, and correlation
- Science concepts including weather, hands-on experiments in measurement, prediction, testing, and reasoning
- Curriculum—The Letter People (part of the Texas School Readiness program), The Story for Little Ones: Discover the Bible in Pictures, Pinnacle
Benefits for Your Child
- Constant supervision ensures a safe environment for your child.
- Learning development—Make sure your child is prepared for school. We use the Texas School Readiness curriculum, and our teachers are trained and certified by the Texas School Readiness Program.
- Social and emotional development—Children are guided to value each person equally, to share, take turns, and to cooperate and work together. They are also encouraged to understand and express their emotions appropriately and to interact with teachers in appropriate ways.
- Language development—Children improve writing and speaking skills, including writing and recognizing their own written name.
- Math and science development in numbers, measurement, and analytical reasoning
- Moral development—Bible stories and activities teach Christian values and morals. Children learn to apply what they learn to their own life situations.
- ABC Son Shine School is a safe, happy, fun environment for your child!
- We are conveniently located in the Pine Tree area of Longview, Texas.